About the Club
Kathryne Ellington Endowment
Hiking The Mountains and Trails Around Denver
The numerous trails around Denver provide for an awesome escape for the day or for a serious trek up one of the 14'ers in the area. With a huge variety of trails that surround this city it is easy for you to get out and explore the outdoors without having to drive very far. Trails run all around these foothills and just a little bit up I-70 or HWY 285 and you have entered a district that is of complete beauty and a lifetime of selection.
This guide is to give you a little bit of both the more intense 14'er climbing to the easier trails that let you explore around the Denver area plus some suggestions for those of you who like to trail run.
- Easy to Moderate 14'ers
- Just Starting into big mountain climbing, check these out
- Difficult 14'ers
- For more advanced hikers, experience is necessary
- Mild, but Beautiful Hikes
- Great trails around Denver
- Trail Running
- Running taken to a new level
- Get Started Hiking
- The basics to help you out