Annual Reports and Budget Request
As a club we take a strong stance in being as transparent as possible when it comes to how we handle our money that we collect, how we fundraiser, and how well we are performing as a club. The Annual Report is much like a Annual Report that you would see from a public company. Anyway's check it out to see how we manage and plan to grow the club (plus it is full of cool photos!!!)
Each year for funding we are required to submit a budget proposal to request funds for the following year from the AUSA senate (http://du.edu/orgs/senate). In addition to requesting funds we create an Annual Report that discusses the past year's financial activities, events, and club growth.
The purpose behind the Annual Report is that ever year at the close of Winter Quarter the club's leadership looks back on the past year and records specific trends and performance metrics. This is help the club forecast future performance and prepare well in advance for the next school year. It is a very important time as past initiatives are evaluated and future goals are set.
You will need the free Adobe Reader to view these Files Adobe.com
Recaps of Past Years Performance
- Largest Fundraising Year in History (Over $38,000)
- Of the 318 Trip Participants for Fall and Winter Quarters, 191 are Unique (over 60%)
- 65% of Upperclassmen Members are Returning Members
- 26 Off-campus Trips, 8 On-campus Programs, 26 club meetings, and 28 officer meetings comprised the largest year on record for the club
- Over 70% of members will attend at least one off-campus trip this year
- Held Two New Trips and Four New Program
- 10 major companies are in partnership with the club to provide discounts to our members
DU Alpine Club 2005-2006 Quick Facts
- Membership Grew by 41% (100 people) to 350
- Largest Fundraising Year Ever (over $33,000, a 47% growth from last year)
- 20 Major off-campus trips and 9 on-campus programs
- Collectively traveled over 38,000 miles
- Record 250 Members (32% yr/yr growth)
- Ellington Beginner Skier Trip first year
- Largest Fundrasing year on record (approx $23,000)
- Most trips and programs on record.