We are lucky to be going to DU for the one fact that there is endless amount of climbing in our backyard. With such world-renown places like Eldorado Canyon near Boulder, Clear Creek Canyon near Golden, Morrison, Castlewood Canyon, Garden of the Gods, plus a ton more, it is a real wonder how any of us actually go to school.
What we have highlighted are some of the good spots to check-out to get use to the area and begin your explorations from there. The highlighted spots work for both the beginner to the advanced climbers and we talk about areas best for bouldering and sport. Begin your adventure here and you will soon find yourself looking at endless amounts of routes, problems, and places all within close proximity to where you go to school.
Newbies, don’t forget to check out our resources on how to get started in climbing covering equipment, basic knowledge and first steps.
- Very Worthy Areas Near DU
- Some of the best spots near DU. From afternoon sessions to day-trips to weekend adventures.
- Bouldering in Castlewood Canyon
- Ready for some serious bouldering in a scenic and uncrowded spot
- Sport/Top-Rope at Table Mountain
- Great place to learn and/or get your leading guts grounded
- Get Started in Climbing
- Get an idea of the equipment, costs, and knowledge to get started in rock-climbing